This article will show you how to install Software Companions GerbView 10.10 on your PC. For help installing Software Companions GerbView V10.10 on your machine, please follow the direct download link.
Table of contents
- About the software
- Software Companions GerbView v10.10 System Requirements
- GerbView 10.10: How to download and install software companions
- Files that are required
GerbView(tm), a powerful but intuitive application, allows you view, print, convert, and export Gerber, ODB++. It also supports Excellon, HPGL/2, Adobe PDF, Excellon, Excellon, and Adobe PDF.
GerbView supports both RS-274D Gerber and RS-274X Gerber formats. It can also be used to convert Gerber files to RS-274X Extended format. This extended Gerber format includes embedded aperture information. It will make it easier to avoid errors when manufacturing the PCB.
With GerbView’s PDF to CAD capability you can convert your Adobe PDF files to Gerber or Autodesk DXF.
Gerbview will allow you to visualize your design in both hardcopy and on the screen. No longer do you need to wait to see your actual design on a prototype circuit board. Use the accurate measure and query tools to check apertures, tools, distances and more.
GerbView can be used to create a workspace. It can contain one or several files from any of the supported file format. The workspace can then be saved for later reference. The workspace can be saved to link to your design file. You will only need to reload workspace file to view the entire design.
The workspace can include markup elements such as text, barcodes (arrows, lines), images, ellipses, polygons, and text. All markup components can be burn-in and added to a Gerber layers. You can by using this feature easily add, for example, text or barcode images to a layer.
GerbView can convert your Gerber, HPGL/2 and Excellon files to Autodesk DXF, Autodesk DWF, Adobe PDF and other formats. You can combine several different loaded layers and create a multi-layered PDF, DXF or DWF file. If the formats supports it, you can also convert a selection of layers to a multi-page file, where each layer will be a separate page. Please see the complete list of supported formats below for more information.
GerbView can rasterize single or whole files and save to one the supported raster formats.
You may print scaled or in real size. You can print with all Windows-based plotters or printers. You can use poster mode (also called tiled page) to print large designs and drawings, such as on several smaller A4/Letter-sized pages.
Software Companions GerbView has the following main features:
- View, print, edit, markup and convert Gerber and Adobe PDF to Excellon, ODB++, Gerber and HPGL/2 (PLT).
- Convert your Gerber, Excellon, ODB++ and HPGL/2 files to Autodesk DXF, Adobe PDF and other formats.
- Convert RS-274D to RS-274X. Also known by extended Gerber formatting.
- Convert PDF files to Gerber RS-274X or HPGL/2.
- Convert multiple Gerber files into a multi-layer PDF or DWF file. Learn more about creating layers PDF files.
- Convert ODB++ to a layered PDF, or to individual files using Extended Gerber (RS274-X), PDF, DXF, SVG or other formats.
- Gerber X2 file and pads attributes are supported.
- Markups are also known as annotations. You can use text, images, QR codes, barcodes and symbols to add markups.
- Markup elements can be converted to native Gerber data using the markup-burn-in feature
- Display differences between Gerber layers.
- You can delete a selected number of items from a Gerber file.
- Items can be deleted based on aperture selection or usage.
- Gerber apertures can either be used or selected individually.
- Report aperture usage for any or all layers
- You can also convert commands from the command line and print.
- Query entity information from Gerber, Excellon, HPGL/2, ODB++ files.
- You can measure distances, areas, and perimeters with or without snapping on pads or tracks.
- Supported are both imperial and metric units.
- List and search for components in ODB++ files.
- Highlight select apertures in Gerber or ODB++ files.
- Add files of different formats to a single workspace.
- There is no limit on the number files that can be placed in a workspace. However, memory limits may apply.
- Visibility, rotation, scaling, mirroring and position of all loaded files can be set individually.
- Paste a selection from the display onto a clipboard.
- You can zoom in and pan using the mouse wheel.
- For printing, you can define your header and footer.
Software Companions GerbView.10 Requirements
- Windows XP SP3 32 bits
- Windows Vista 32-64 bit
- Windows 7, 32, and 64 bits
- Windows 8, 32- and 64-bit
- Windows 8.1, 32 and 64 bit
- Windows 10, 32 or 64 bit
- Windows 11
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2023
- Windows Server 2023
- Windows Server 2023
- Supports Citrix Terminal Server and Citrix
How to Download and Install Software Companions GerbView v10.10
- After clicking the download button(s), you can finish downloading the files. This might take from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the downloaded files. For more information on extracting files, please refer to this article. QWERTY is the password for extracting.
Start Setup.exe to install the software