This article explains how to get the full version free of charge on your computer. For assistance in installing Microsoft Office 2000 on your PC, follow the instructions and direct download link below.
Table of contents
- About the software
- Microsoft Office 2000 System requirements
- How to Install Microsoft Office 2000 Professional
- Required files
About the software
Microsoft Office 2000 (version number 9.0), is a Microsoft Office family suite that Microsoft distributes for Microsoft Windows. This suite is the successor to Microsoft Office 97. It also predates Microsoft Office XP. Office 2000 was third edition that integrated Office Assistants. It also included the last version without activation. The suite was available for purchase on June 7, 1999. Microsoft Office 2000 launched on June 7, 1999. Office 2000 received 3 Service Packs. Extended support was officially discontinued on July 14th 2009. “Mainstreamâ€ support ended June 30th 2004. The most complete Office 2000 suite is Office 2000 Developer.
Microsoft Office 2000 System Requirements
Microsoft Office 2000 Professional includes Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher, and Small Business Tools. These are the Office 2000 requirements
- Computer/processor computer with Pentium 75MHz and higher processor
- Memory 32MB or 16MB (for Windows NT 4.0) or later for the OS. The OS uses 4MB of RAM per application, 8MB for Outlook and Access, and 4MB for all other applications.
- Hard disc: Some installation options may require more or fewer space. However, for common installations, 217MB is required for the first CD. It will include Word, Excel Excel Outlook PowerPoint PowerPoint and Access. For the second CD (Publisher and Small Business Tools), you’ll need 174MB.
- Drive: CD-ROM drive
- Display Monitor: Super VGA or higher resolution monitor recommended
- Operating system: Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 3 is required; otherwise, Windows 95 and later are sufficient.
- Peripherals: Microsoft Mouse, Microsoft IntelliMouse, or compatible pointing device
How do I download and install Microsoft Office 2000 Professional
- You can click the download buttons below to finish downloading all the files. Depending on your download speed, this may take a few minutes or several hours.
- Extract the files. If you don’t know how to extract, see this article. The password to extract will always be: www.mysoftwarefree.com
- Open “Software Files” to mount “Microsoft Office 2000 Professional Disk1.iso”. This article will help you to mount files.
- The setup.exe file can be found in the mounted directory. When asked to insert a serial number, use XVG79-Q2WK3-JRPMD-9H26V-7TBYT
- Mount Microsoft Office 2000 Professional Disk 2.iso when you are asked to insert the second disc.
- The full version of Microsoft Office 2000 is now installed on your system.